Nintex Form Save Not Working With Over 5000 items in Library

• 7 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

I have encountered an error with Sharepoint 2016 and Nintex which is very similar to this old issue: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Nintex-forms-is-throwing-error-quot-The-attempted-operation-is/td-p/41760

We have a library with over 5000 items, and while I have all the views setup to filter and function with large lists - the Nintex form itself is still broken. I can view the our list, no problem, I can open up a document set, no problem, and I can even click "Edit Properties" which opens up our Custom Nintex form, no problem.

However, when I click "Save" on the Custom Nintex form it throws the error of: The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator.

I don't know why clicking save on the form itself seems to be hitting the errors associated with the 5000 item limit. Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to see if there is some javascript that I could employ to save the form, without triggering some sort of behind the scenes view that hits the 5000 threshold. 

6 replies

Badge +1
Oh yeah, I should mention that if I edit and save the SharePoint default form, it works. But the error only occurs when I edit and try to save the Nintex Classic or Modern forms. Which tells me that something in the Nintex forms is calling the entire list when I am clicking save....
Badge +1
Anyone have any ideas on something to try?
Badge +1

Hi!

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am currently facing the same problem with the library that I am working on and it is triggering that same error however it fixes the problem when I hit save 

Badge +6

Hi @Tyane@NickArrow  .

There is a setting in central admin under Resource Throttling. 

It determines how many items can be retrieved in a query/view.

Have you checked there to see if the number matches the threshold you are seeing?

You can increase the value, but it is global and can negatively impact performance in all sites.

Badge +1
I am not so sure actually what those settings are can you elaborate?
Badge +12

@Tyane you need to contact your SharePoint Admin and ask them to increase the list view threshold to more than 5000 items for the Web App on which you're having issue. By default Microsoft has set a 5000 items limitation to reduce the burden on SQL server and performance of the SharePoint server.

Note: This change will be applicable to each and every sites you have in that web application.