Possible to make choices/list from list lookup

Badge +6

Good day everyone. I have list lookup on the left side, an add item label button on the middle, and a multiline text on the right side.

My problem is, users will have a hard time configuring the multiline since I want them to be able to delete the items there easily. I want my multiline text (hostname/local zone) to have a list behavior where they can select items. Is there any workaround or a way in javascript to automatically highlight a row in multiline once it is clicked?

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's OOTB functionality of lookup control if you configure its 'Display format' to 'Multi select'

Badge +6

No no no.

The left side is already a multi-select, while the right side (Hostname/Local Zone) is just a multi-line textbox.

Is it possible that once I click add item button, all the selected values from the left side will save on a choice control? I want to create a more user-friendly approach so I could add another button control for deleting depending on what is selected on the right side.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry, but I do not get what should be the difference to OOTB 'Multi Select' lookup control behavior...

218837_pastedImage_1.png

could you explain what you do not like on it resp. resp. what you'd like to implement in a different way?

Badge +6

Wait, is that possible on Nintex form 365? Could you provide me step-by-step since I cannot seem to find out how to that, and it is the reason why I chose multi-line instead.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I do not have experience with O365, but looking at lookup control help pages it provides just the same list of display options as for on-prem, so I'd say it's possible on O365 either

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365Forms/FormControls/ListLookupControl.htm%3FTocPath%3DWork%2520with%2520the%… 

Badge +6

That is what I'm using for the left list lookup. However, I cannot see how I could do that on the right side. It is looking for a specific list in sharepoint with a specific column as well.

I cannot find the logic on how to do this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

how does the lookup control render when you use 'Default' display format?

218879_pastedImage_1.png

It is looking for a specific list in sharepoint with a specific column as well.

do you mean you want to copy over values from one lookup field/control to the other lookup field/control?

Badge +6

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this? I am just facepalming myself right now for missing that add/remove crucial snippet in the documentation.

Thank you so much. You've always been a great help.

Badge +6

Although, I have another question

Could you a give me snippet on how to get add item/remove item, as well as the other list in javascript since this list lookup is inside a repeated section, and I try to avoid having duplicates per row.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'd say it's worth of starting new question thread...

but you might get  an idea eg. here Unique Repeater Values