Formating Calculated Value Fields

• 20 January 2017
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello,

I am using calculated value field in an effort to produce a form in two languages, English and French.

I have a table with fields for both languages and the form loads in the data correctly.

I am using a drop down to specify which language to use.

All of this is working perfectly fine, however the formatting of the text with in the Calculated fields is awkward.

Most fields are ok, but when a field has text that fills more then one line I believe it justifies the text for an unknown reason.

I have used the text alignment tools along the ribbon to try and left align and center where needed.  This works in the preview mode of the form from within the editor, but in the published form in the live list it does not work.

Is there any way I can control the formatting of text within a calculated field?

Thanks in advance, please let me know if there's any further information I can provide.

Greg

1 reply

Badge +2

I was able to resolve this issue.

Instead of using the formatting within the editor which didn't work outside of the Preview mode, I was able to convert the values I was using for my translations into Multi-Line Text fields of type Plain Text and then use HTML in those fields to perform the formatting.

Please note that the Multi-Line text field must be of type Plain Text for the HTML to be read.

Thanks,

Greg

Edit:

Since this does in fact solve the issue I'm going to mark my comment as correct, if that's against the rules, sorry my bad.