Automate Email Messages using Salesforce Data

• 14 August 2020
  • 0 replies

A huge part of sales enablement is creating tailored and effective emails for your sellers. If you use a powerful sales tool like Salesforce, it only makes sense to leverage the data inside of your CRM to drive the emails for drip campaigns, lead communication and prospective emails that close business. Most customers will gravitate to Salesforce email templates to do a direct mail merge of Salesforce data into the message of an email. However, Salesforce email templates have certain limitations that restrict the type of content you can generate. There's no support for multiple line items or conditional lines of text. 

8698i05CB78DD7B4EE2FE.png

Historically, Drawloop customers would get around these limitations by generating a document that is attached to an email. Drawloop docgen does not have limitations for line items or conditional text. But it sometimes just makes more sense to exclude attachments from an email and drive all of that content directly into the message of the email. Well now you can take those Drawloop Word templates that were used to generate documents and re-purpose them to generate email messages instead. 

8699i7DCE809E6283BF75.png

The setup for this is very straight forward. Simply create a DocGen Package or use an existing one that uses a MS Word template to generate documents. Once that is saved, choose to edit the Word template within the package and select the 'As Email Body for Delivery Only' value in the 'Include Template' field. 

8700iE7DB71D89231E86C.png

Then create or edit an email delivery option which has the 'Word to Email Template' value selected in the 'Email Contents' field. 

8701i1692C8FCB75A0BF5.png

When these two options are selected, the word template will be converted to HTML and be used to deliver it's contents as an email message instead of a PDF or Word attachment. 

This presents a wide variety of sales use cases and makes sales contents more easily digestible for existing and prospective customers. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!