cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

The BIG NEWS keeping me from you recently...

Hi, Everyone!

Been a LONG time since I posted. My apologies. 

The truth is, there are a couple of HUGE things that have sucked up a lot of my time this past few months.  And I wanted to get you up to speed.

The first one you all know about. The Nintex Product Blog‌ looks pretty meager (ok, it's rather unattractive, but it's version 1.0) and straightforward (it's just a blog, right?), but wrangling all the TEs to actually contribute that content is a very big job.  I spend a lot (too much) time begging, pleading, cajoling and prodding people to write posts for it. Forget about having them done on time (which means five days before publication, which never happens).

But I digress.  The Nintex Product Blog is basically more than half my job nowadays.  End of story on that.

The other part of my job is finding a new place for our community to live.

recordwut

Yeah... About that...

So, here's the thing - and you probably heard about SOME of this:  Our community sits on Jive, but not JUST Jive.

It lives on a platform called "Jive-x."  That was one VERSION of Jive that the company offered.  Well, back in the spring Jive was acquired by a company called Aurea.  And this summer, Aurea announced that it had decided it didn't want to own, support, grow or otherwise have anything to do with external communities. So it sold Jive-x and kept the other versions of the Jive community platform.   All Jive-x customers were sold to another community platform provider called Lithium.

Lithium said, "Welcome! So, hey. You can stay on Jive-x as long as you want."  But they also said, "We're not going to develop for it."  

So basically our community is sitting on a dead-end platform full of bugs that may or may not get fixed and that will never get new features. 

giphy3

That's right, I said no new features. Nothing but bug fixes, and even those are not guaranteed.

What you don't know is that as a result, I held a meeting with senior leaders at Nintex, and we decided to migrate to a new platform. 

Since June/July I've been researching and doing demos on community platforms.  I often do that anyway, but this was more focused and detailed. I dove into feature lists and demos like never before. 

I narrowed the list down to seven I was serious about.  They ranged from free, open-source platforms to plug-play platforms.  

I supplied a one-page deck to the c-suite about those seven and we narrowed them down to two.

I got more demos and a list of requirements.

I asked for bids.

I had phone calls.

I had LOTS of phone calls.

And we are now negotiating with Lithium, which claims it can migrate us in time for the Nintex xchange conference.  Or close.

So. The ink isn't dry on an agreement yet, but it should be very soon.

Then I'll start communicating with the community about this migration.

And communicating more.

And more.

And some more.

And we'll migrate. And we'll have a new gamification scheme that I think is more valuable than points and leaderboards. And we'll have a Salesforce integration. And better analytics. And better SEO. Lots about this is going to be better.

But it's going to suck up even more of my life as I will have to organize all the content of this site to move over. And organize a new community that everyone can just go to and be logged in just like this one without a hiccup.

So, that's why I've been all but absent. 

That doesn't mean I didn't care. It doesn't mean I wasn't thinking of you.  It doesn't mean I forgot about you.  To the contrary, I've been thinking a lot about the Blue Ribbon Group!

I'm even building my own Nintex workflows and forms to send you kids some communications around the BRG for 2018.

g4

I know, right? Scary.  More on that soon.  Like very soon.

I ask that you not communicate outside the BRG about this move. I'd like to do the comms as much as possible.  

But I wanted to give my most valued members some advanced warning about it.

All the best!

Frank

8 Replies
Not applicable

Re: The BIG NEWS keeping me from you recently...

NATURALLY the gifs show up in edit mode, but not in publish mode. Great. Well, I need to work on something , so I'll come back and re-edit those.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

figured out why the gifs weren't showing. Fixed.  Oh, and about that "one page deck..."  It was one-page of a table showing the seven platforms and their pros/cons. Detailed, but a quick look at things for c-level folks.

cassymfreeman
Automation Master
Automation Master

sounds exciting and terrifying all in one

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for the update!

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

Image result for mind blown meme

TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

I'm there with you Frank! Good luck in migration. It's always painful  

rhia
Automation Master
Automation Master

Holy crap, that's exciting. Let me know if you need anything from me to help with the move. Will see what I can do.

Not applicable

Just pushed the contract across the legal dept's desk yesterday afternoon. Whew!

I should be introduced to a Lithium project manager on Friday. We will effort to get a project plan out in a couple of days after that. And then my life gets seriously insane. :)  But it's for a couple of months, so I'll live.

Best!

Frank