Access is Denied: K2 ROM

• 11 July 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I already uncheck the anonymous user access. and have assign my user rights on C:WINDOWSMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv1.1.4322Temporary ASP.NET Files. if any one knows the solution kindly help me out.

Access is denied: 'K2ROM'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Access is denied: 'K2ROM'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'K2ROM' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = K2ROM, Version=3.13603.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=10ba86d4fd9ffdf3
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/PCBAweb
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : K2SmartForms, Version=3.6090.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pcbaweb/a8c32cc3/2cfb32e7/K2ROM.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/pcbaweb/a8c32cc3/2cfb32e7/K2ROM/K2ROM.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/PCBAweb/bin/K2ROM.DLL.

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Access is denied: 'K2ROM'.]
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.LoadData() +0
SourceCode.K2SmartForms.K2SmartForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +330
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

4 replies

Badge +6

Hi there,

Yeah, my first thought would also be to check that authenticated users have modify permissions on your temporary ASP.net folders, but if that is already done, I really don't know.

One thing you can try do is use some of the amazing tools at Sysinternals (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx ) to have a look at what process is maybe holding into K2rom. With these tools you can also log access to the dll and maybe get a more descriptive error message.

There are several disk and file access utilities, but one I would suggest to start with is Process Explorer. Also try filemon.. although I *think* it's included in process explorer.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but hopefully that gets you in the right direction.

Badge +9
Just to check.  In your web config, is your identity impersonate tag set to true?  Also is the app pool account for your web site is part of the IIS_WPG group?
Badge +2
yes, in my web config, impersonate tag is set to true and my web folder is part of  IIS_WPG group.
Badge +9

The only other cause I have seen is that the folder C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/ does not have modify permissions for the Authenticated Users group (as mentioned in Gerhad's post).