Process-Subprocess

Badge +6

Greetings,

In the application I have a Job which gets splitted into Cases in between the process.
I have a main process we will create the instance for the Job, depending on the datafield value the job has to be splitted into cases. I have a Sub process which will be called and from main process using the IPC event.
The question is can I have multiple instances of Sub process? If any instance of my sub process is not completed the main process should not move forward.
Could anyone suggest me how it can be done?
And is it possible in BlackPearl to have multiple instances of the Sub process in for a main process?

Thanks,
Aman

3 replies

Badge +6

Hi Aman

This is definitly possible. Have a loop at this excellent post: http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/pitchblack/archive/2008/08/26/looping-through-an-activity-for-each-item-returned-from-a-smartobject-list.aspx (the example is done with a smartobject but you can do it too with an XMLField).

HTH

Badge +6

Hi Jan,

I had gone throught the link there is an option called "Destination Rule Option" I was not able to find it. Where can I set the "Plan per Slot (no destinations)"?

The Advanced mode is disabled in the IPC Event Wizard, how do I get the option enabled?

Thanks in Advance

Aman

Badge +6
Hi Jan,

Thanks I got the option and I will implement the functionality with help of the blog.
The blog is really helpful.

Cheers,
Aman