The blackpearl documentation seems to be insufficient for a someone to learn K2.Net from scratch

• 19 September 2008
  • 8 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I feel the k2.net Blackpearl leaves a lot to be desired. I wish it had some more pratical workflows samples/tutorials.

I hope the Worx K2.net Blackpearl book will have something more useful than the current documentation.

I hope atleast for future versions they release enough documentation for people to pickup K2.net without the need for the K2.Net training courses.

8 replies

Badge +10
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.  With regards to practical workflow samples/tutorials, what would you like to see.  Step by step? Fully downloadable samples?  How complex should the be.   This is something we have discussed and would love some additional input and ideas.
Badge +3

If the samples could be basic, but explain the fundamentals of k2 [blackpearl] concepts step by step.

A Classic example would be

a) Setting up a Service Object

b) Testing a Service Object

c) Deployment to Dev Env

d) Integrate into Smart Objects

e) Process Integration

f) Deployment to a Production Environment for all of the above. 

Badge +3

About the documentation, please also see this post: 

http://www.k2underground.com/forums/thread/29995.aspx 

It's really common (IMHO) to have the API documentation from the intellisense in VisualStudio, but the XML files are missing for no reason.

Please fix because it's is a major issue for people starting to use k2 API

Badge +10
I am investigating the XML issues
Badge +11
i agree to that, without the k2 book the learning curve is very steep
Badge +10

Would love to help out more. We have plans for more How To K2 videos and additional training modules.  Other suggestions?

Badge +8

Bashar,

I learnt it the hard way. No book. No Videos. But i would say the documentation is good for a newbie to explore into many trial and error sessions and make his roots stronger(with mentoring from my former teammate madhann).

Chris,

I would suggest uploading a complex solution like a voting system which has a lotta IPC (sync and non sync) events to sub processes. Custom Service objects which may pull data from a external system and the integration of all these.

One more request, Please upload a video of the installation and setup of k2 blackpearl. Kerberos help was a good one and i really appreciate it.

Thanks for putting together this wonderful community.

Badge +1

For all videos, include a text-only article that fully explains the same content as the video.

There are many reason some of us may be unable to use videos to learn - deafness, video blocked by corporate firewalls, noisy cubicle farm, easily disturbed neighbors in quiet cubicle farm (and no headphones/earbuds), slow internet connections, or social work environment that discourages video and audio over the computer.