Get File From Location Access to the path is denied. error

• 5 March 2014
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear all,

I'm using the inline function Get File From Location function. Have created a fileshare with full rights for everyone. 

I tried adding users and changed to a local path on the server, change event user to my own account in k2 studio, but in every scenario i still receive access to path is denied. 

Does anyone have some advice about this error?

Running: k2 blackpearl 4.6.6 also tried it on 4.6.5 

Windows 2008 R2

SQL server 2008

4 replies

Badge +6

Please use ProcessMonitor from SysInternals to verify where the Access Denied is coming from. You can set filters in process monitor to narrow down the issue.

Have you given permissions to [Authenticated Users]. I think you might have given incorrect filename or the path. Try making a path with no spaces.

Badge

You may try to share the folder then try to access the file from the sharing folder instead. Don't forget to give the permission to sharing folder ( advanced sharing -> permission ) also add permission to security folder.

Badge +1

Reaction from K2:

Resolution:

This is a known issue and has been logged as a bug with the labs team and will
be reviewed for a future release.

Badge

If anybody is using 4.6.6

The Get File From Location inline function has two parameters: Filename and File location.

We were getting Access Denied as we were separating the filename from the full file location.

The filename needs to be included in the file location/path as well as the filename parameter.

Example:

File name: MyFile.docx

File Location: myservermysharemyfile.docx

This looks to have better labeling in later versions of K2 (checked 4.6.9 documentation).