New to k2. Please help

• 12 December 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

Currently new to K2 and trying out K2 studios with Infopath for a basic workflow. I have the infopath publish on sharepoint but i am having a bit difficulty getting the workflow to work correctly.

In the infopath form, there is a drop down field which will determine where the process will go to; Team A or Team B. I am currently stuck on the process on how this can be achieved. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JG

4 replies

Badge +9

Data that you set in an InfoPath form is available within your K2 process under the XML DataFields. So you can create two lines in your process - one with a rule that resolves whether this value in the InfoPath XML should go to user A and the other with a rule to user B. User A and User B's tasks would be seperate activities in your workflow this way, which I'm not sure is exactly what you want, but hopefully this can get you started

Badge +1

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the response. Is there away to have the system automate process? for instance, if a question 1 is yes, it should be route to team A; if the question 1 is answered No it should be route to team B.

I only found a user task that can achieve this.

Many thanks,

JG

Badge +9

Sure - in your activity with the client event, start the "Destination Wizard" in advanced mode. When in advanced mode, you can put conditions on each destination set. So for Team A you would add a rule that checks the InfoPath form value for that team and likewise for Team B

Badge +2

Hi Jean

Good morning...you find some answers here actually

http://www.k2underground.com/blogs/howtok2/default.aspx

or go to k2 portal if you have a customer account and them go to knowledge base section in the portal

Regards

Rodolfo