Master Detail, displaying the detail for the first row by default

• 13 October 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I want to have a master/detail SmartForm with two list views in it. When the user clicks a list item in the first view, it displays a list of detail records for that master record.

The thing I can't work out is how to get thesecond list view to display the values for the first master record by default. (I don't want the second list view to be empty)

Can anyone advise on the best way to achieve this please?

Thanks

Jeremy

5 replies

Badge +9

I'm not really sure what you are using two list views for, but if you use a list view and an item view you set up your form so that when you click something on the list it transfers the data into your itemview.

Badge +4

Hi, thanks for the response. I do have it setup so that when you click an item in the first view it displays the second view based on that. I woul dlike to be able to pass the value from the first row in the list to the second list so it is displaying the records for the first row by default. Then when you click subsequent items in the first view the second one will refresh based on the row clicked. I have attached a couple of images to help explain.

Cheers

16246i7E3B3C6DC70BB593.png
13327iEF65AE932EC8441B.png
Badge +7

So I'm not sure if we're understanding this properly yet still. 

Just so that we're clear:

1st View: Performance Goals

2nd View: Goal Comments

And what it sounds like is that you want the 2nd View (Goal Comments) to display the first record on the 1st view, Return On Invested Capital (ROIC)/eee's showing by default. So do you mean that when you open the form initially, the comments for the first record is what you'll see instead of nothing?

And then when you click on a different record, say Return On Invested Capital (ROIC)/rerere, you want the comments for that record to then show? So it changes only after you click on a different record?

Badge +4

Yes, that sounds exactly right.

Badge +2

hello ,

i had a similar probelm , heres wat i did 

i created a new smart object , and then i clicked on generate views, i clicked on the form and the item view method , it  worked fine for what i intended 

alternatively , create a form, generate views , use the list method and configure it to what u need and then drag those views to your form