Workspace Report error

• 8 December 2005
  • 6 replies

Badge +2
I have a problem, when I try to see a report using standard worspace, I have the folowing error :

An error has occurred.
Please click here to refresh the Workspace.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator for assistance.

if I refresh the page, nothing appends, and a problem is that I am the system administrator...
Could anyone help me ?
Thanks

6 replies

Badge +11
Navigate to: 'C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSWorkspace'
Open the web.config file and change the line:
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error_Page.htm" mode="On" />
to
<customErrors defaultRedirect="Error_Page.htm" mode="Off" />

You should get a more descriptive error.

I've seen a similar error previously where the regional settings are not set to 'English' and the database default language is set to something other than 'English' - a localization issue.

Let me not jump the gun...
Do this and tell us what the actual error is.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
Thanks for your reply here's the new error message :

Server Error in '/K2V3/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Workspace.Net.GraphPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +450
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
Badge +2
It was a problem of localisation, I just changed the localisation of my server from France to United states and now, it's ok.
Thanks for your help
Badge +11
Thank you for the feedback - lots of people struggling with this. I hope they find their way to this post.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
After many tests, it appears that we have to change this parametter not only on the server, but on every client computer... I hope there's another solution !
Badge +11
Unfortunately, as far as I know, this is the only work-around. I'm sure this issue will be fixed in the next Service Pack release.

Regards,
Ockert