Filter drop down

• 18 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Maybe someone has an idea how I can solve my problem. I havea “Hardware Request Form” with two approvers. The first approver is the manager of the requesting employee …I use the manager attribute from AD (that’s easy). The second approver is my problem and I have no Idea how I can fix my problem. We have several sites worldwide. On every site we have one or more than one companies and for every company we have different approver(s) for the hardware.

I always now have the following employee information (calculated value) in my Form “Username”, “Site”, “Company”, “Department” etc.

Based on this information I would use a drop down:

• Create list with the information “Approver2”, “Site”,
    “Company”
  • Based on the employee information “Site”, “Company" I filter in the drop down for the approver2 (could be one or more approvers) and show this values in the drop down

I have the Form with all necessary Information and I also have the lists, but I don’t know how to achieve my goals. How do I filter on two values (based on the employee information “Site”, “Company" in the Form) in one drop down to show the value "Approver2". Maybe someone has an idea. I really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible but you can your vote :

More advanced filtering for connected lookup controls – Customer Feedback for Nintex

A simple workaround would maybe be to add a column to your list with the information "Approver2", "Site", "Company". This column could be a calculated value and could be composed of the Site and Company and then you could filter on this column (I haven't tried to filter on a calculated value, if it's not possible, you can add a single line of text column and set it in the Nintex Form of this list via a form variable connected to this new column).

Hope this helps

Badge +3

I tried it with a calculated value lookup("Approver2","Site",cv_site ,"Title") ...cv_site is another calculated which contains the site of the user and title is the name of "Approver 2". but what I need would be like lookup("Approver2","Site",cv_site and cv_company ,"Title"). I don know how to achieve that without three dropdowns or maybe java script ...and I have no JS know how...

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

In the list where there are Approver2, Site and Company columns, you should add a new column which would contains the concatenation of Site and Company. Then in your calculated value with the lookup function, you will be able to filter on this new column with the site and the company.

Tell me if it's not clear