Mobile form freezing and closing with all data lost

• 1 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

Hi

I have a rather large form that publishes and opens fine on the ipad. We access our network via a VPN. I'm looking into the vpn as I think it could possibly be disconnecting half way through the form. At this point the form freezes and when I go to the ipad home button to check the VPN app, then go back into the form which is now in draft, all the data has disappeared. I've never experienced data disappearing out of a mobile form before. The data is normally captured into a draft without having to save it there when the VPN or internet connection is lost. If I save the form to draft a number of times as I populate it, the data is not lost when it freezes.

This is occurring consistently with this form. And it seems to be always around the same area of the form, but that could be coincidence. I've attached the form. It seems to freeze around the 5.06 section of the form. The form has a lot of controls and rules but runs fine in the 'Desktop' version.

Nintex Forms 2010: 1.8.00

Nintex Mobile: 3.8

Nintex Forms API: 100.0.0.0

4 replies

Badge +11

I have since found out that the issue is not only associated with this form. It is affecting mobile forms that have been in use for 2 years. Is there a bug in a latest version for forms? Or would it be a sharepoint issue?

Thanks

Joanne

Badge +11

How and when is the data captured in the app form cached onto the ipad? Whether the form freezes, the ipad freezes or the form crashes, I should be able to reopen the form from draft and find it populated with the data already entered.

Badge +11

The form seems to be freezing when a Fetch Data actions occurs. I have set a couple of the ipads to Manual and the freezing has stopped. My biggest issue is when the form freezes all data is lost. This also has never happened before. I have always been able to retrieve the form out of draft with the data intact.

What is the background process of Fetch Data?

Thanks

Joanne

Badge +11

I believe there was a bug with fetch data which has now been resolved.