Refresh List View without parent page reload

• 14 September 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

Hello All,

Hope you are all doing great! I have a requirement wherein I'm opening the NewForm.aspx of List B in ListA using a Modal dialog. I am able to refresh the whole parent page for getting the recently added data. I am not comfortable with JS. Can someone help me with this. Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

list view web part has configurable option to perform async updates in configurable time period.

I'd say that might be the option for you.

207589_pastedImage_1.png

‌ listview webpart‌ ‌ automatic refresh‌ background refresh‌ asynchronous refresh‌

Badge +3

Hello Marian, Thanks for your response. I was looking for a List View Control in the Nintex Form rather a Web Part.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

yeah, I was wondering which one you mean happy.png

but since you talked about 'page' and not 'form' I thought  it's more likely webpart.

for list view control maybe this might be helpful - https://community.nintex.com/thread/8539?q=Refesh%20a%20list 

Badge +3

Thanks Marian,

I have gone through the link. I have many list views and i'm creating a new item for each view using a query string. It would be difficult for the user when the page refreshes several times. Is there any best way to handle this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you mean that code from the link provided cause refresh of whole page as well? resp. refresh is visually too disturbing?

if so, then I'm not aware of any other way.

only, instead of nintex form with list view controls, design a custom page with several list view webparts. not sure why you decided to go this way, IMHO the other approach would more suitable for your scenario.

listview listview control refresh automatic refresh background refresh asynchronous refresh sept2017mh

Badge +3

Yes, it refreshed the whole page and not that user friendly. Thanks for the idea. Its seems better way than this. Thanks again

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

if that answered your question, please mark correct answer