Why is a Task Form Control setting back a (List) Item's Field?

• 17 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Within a task form of a "Request approval" I want to display the title of the list item on which the workflow is running on. But after I submit the task (no matter if I approve or reject) the title gets deleted.

I already tried to change the control mode to "Display" and even replaced the "Single Line Textbox" control by a "Calculated Value" one, but without success.

What can be the reason for this?

I am working with Nintex 2010 and Sharepoint 2010.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello,

It sounds like it could be one of two things:  either you have a control on the form that is "Connected To" the Title field, so the changes made in your control are reflecting back to the original list.    The second would be, are you sure there isn't an action in the workflow itself that is doing something to the title column (set field, update item, etc..)?      

Check the backing list after you submit your original form and make sure you have a value there.   What appears on a form is not always that which appears on the backing list.   Especially in the case where you have a title field on your main form but its not connected to the Title field, in this case you'd get "No Title" in your backing list.

If you check all of this and still can't figure out the reason, it might be an issue that support could investigate.

Thanks

Badge +1

Hi Mike

Because of your helpful answer, I have checked the controls in use. There I noticed that the field "Title" was listed twice (one was a greyed out). As it turned out, I accidentally activated the layout for smartphones where the control was in use as well and the mode set to "Edit".

After deleting the unnecessary layout, the problem was remedied!

Thank you very much!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Excellent, if you could mark my answer as correct I'd appreciate it.   Glad it helped!