Dynamically Create href tag in workflow

• 14 April 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

I am creating an href tag in a Nintex workflow. In it, I need to display the display name. I don't want the messy url to display. It looks correct. Once I put this in a string variable in Nintex, I set a hyperlink column in SharePoint with this value. However, the entire string is displayed including the href syntax. I used the BuildString action which looks like this:

<a href="{Common:weburl}/Pages/Article.aspx?ID={ItemProperty:ID}">{ItemProperty:Title}</a>

Now if I simply made this a link without the href and display name, the entire string would display and I would be able to click on it and it would take me where I want to go. But the way it is above, it does not work and does not display properly. Is there any other way I can populate the Display property of the link field in SharePoint dynamically in the workflow?

4 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

If you configure it like this URL, Description it works.

182656_pastedImage_0.png

Jan

Badge +11

That doesn't appear to work. It still displays everything and the link doesn't work.

Badge +7

Hi,

You do need a space in the URL, Description bit between the comma and the description text.

Then I used a Set field value action. mylinkhref is a single line of text variable, MyLink is a Hyperlink or Picture column formatted as Hyperlink.

182666_pastedImage_0.png

And got this...

182667_pastedImage_1.png

Jan

Badge +11

Whoooo hooooo!!!!!  laugh.png I'm jumping up and down!!!! It works. It was needing the space between the comma and the display name as you said. I wouldn't have figured that out. Man, its picky!!!