Include item changes in workflow notification

Badge +3

The default Alert functionality in SP 2013 sends an email notification that includes a formatted view of the list item with an Edited label next to values within the list item that were changed. Can this be done in Nintex Workflow 2013?

186699_pastedImage_2.png

3 replies

Badge +8

Hi James,

Yes you could create a Nintex workflow on the list where you would want it to be alerted and trigger the start of the workflow when any item gets updated.

Worklfow has access to all the list item columns and you could generate a good formatted notification with the fields you require by using the "send notification" action.

Hth,

Shrini

Badge +3

Thanks, Shrini. This workflow is triggered when a new list item is created or an existing list item is modified. Although I can include any, or all, of the list item fields in the workflow notification how would I indicate what was changed that triggered the alert, similar to the email notification that the native SP Alert generates?

Badge +8

Hi James,

That would not be very straightforward out of the box from Nintex , but the logic could be you store the before values in a hidden column (xml) and then when the item is modified you could compare against the hidden values and only send the changed value in the notification.

There are some other threads on the same lines and Vadim Tabakman​​ has put up a very nice UDA. (I havent used it) but it should serve your purpose.

Nintex Workflow - What Changed UDA - Vadim Tabakman

Regards,

Shrini