Rename a K2 Workflow

Badge +2

Can anyone provide details on the correct way to change the name of an existing workflow (Created in K2 Studio and deployed into production)? I have a workflow associated with a library in SharePoint 2013. When a document is placed in the library, a process instance is initiated. I renamed the workflow to align with newly created naming conventions, and the workflow still works just fine, but SharePoint seems to see the renamed workflow as a second workflow. I can't find any place to remove the old workflow (with the previous name) in SharePoint, and I can't find any place in K2 Studio or K2 Workplace to find and correct the issue. Any details regarding how to resolve this and how to rename workflows so this doesn't happen again would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies

Badge +8

Hello,

You can remove the versions of the old workflow via workspace, and that should alliviate the issue with both firing off when the process starts. You can do this via the Management console in workspace.

Regards,

Matt

Badge +2

Thanks for your response, Matt.

Slight correction to my original post. When I said, " I can't find any place in K2 Studio or K2 Workplace to find and correct the issue", I meant to say, " I can't find any place in K2 Studio or K2 Workspace to find and correct the issue". My aplogies for the confusion.

Since I've already looked at workspace without success, could you please provide more detail? I only see one workflow in the Management console; many versions but just one workflow. What are you suggesting I delete?

Also, if anyone can point me to the correct procedures for renaming a workflow so I can avoid creating this issue again in the future, it would be greatly appreciated.

Badge +8

Hello,

I appologize, I should have known that you meant Workspace. How did you change the name just out of curiosity? Whenever I change the name of a process and redeploy the renamed process is present under the 'Processes Node' in the Management Console thus I have two of the same process. The way that I change the process and/or project name is to...

1.) Right click on the project name, and select the 'Rename' option, and proceed to type in the name that is desired for the project.

2.) Select the process name and navigate to the 'Process' tab on the breadcrumb bar.

3.) Once on the 'Process' tab on the breadcrumb bar select 'Properties'.

4.) Rename the process in the wizard and select finish 'Finish'. 

You should now see the changes in the solutions explorer. The next step is to deploy the process. When you navigate to your process through Workspace you should see two processes now, and you could delete the other process by deleteing all vesions by navigating to the versions node through the process in question.

Unfortunately it does not sound like you have two processes in Workspace, so what I would do is rename the process with the steps mentioned above, and then delete the existing process, so you do not have two workflows firing off.

Another solution to the issue is given in the commuunity post in the URL I am pasting below. I am also attaching some images that depict the steps I mentioned above. The image numbers represent the order of the steps. Thanks!

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Rename-of-K2-Project-and-K2-Process-name-in-K2-studio/td-p/53261

Regards,

Matt

Badge +2

Thank you, Matt. I'll take a look.