Tabs missing in Workspace

• 18 December 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I did a fresh install of K2 BlackPearl and now workspace doesn't load all the tabs.  I checked all the settings in IE to match those of an environment where workspace is working.  Silverlight, .NET 4.5 and Report Viewer is installed.

I viewed the source code of the page and it seems that the information is loading.  I just can't see it.

We have 2 domains here: server and user.  When I go to workspace in the user domain, I can pull up the tabs but when I try to click on anything I get "Primary Credentials Not Authenticated" 

Obviously, you would think log in with your server account in the user domain.  But K2 automatically logs me in since I've logged in with my Windows account.  (not sure if that made sense)

Any suggestions are surely appreciated.

I have attached screenshots.

15069i9C707483F37A25EA.png
15240iC20AEC95C79D9DD6.png

5 replies

Badge +7

Hi eveal,

Previously customers have resolved this on their workspace with one of the following:

A. Updating/editing the AuthInit and RoleInit XML in the HostServer.SecurityLabels table to reflect the LDAP string from K2Server.config file.

B. Performing an IIS reset

C. Checking if the K2 Service is stuck in a starting state and if yes, restart the service

Badge +2

Alyssa, thank you for your assistance.  Your suggestion helped some for limited access in the user domain.  But it's more of the server domain that we are interested.

Badge +3

Where can i find HostServer.SecurityLabels table?

Badge

If you are using SmartBox you can go to your SQL server and look in the K2 database.

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

*  Please make sure to backup the database prior to making any change, as database manipulation is usually not recommended unless necessary.  

You should also be able to configure K2 to recognize both domains via K2 Workspace (I assume while logged in as a user from the "User" domain) by specifying the NetBIOS and LDAP path (assuming that the K2 service account have "Read" rights on this "Server" domain/the proper trust/relationship exists).

12077i55373C0D49D3A609.png

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/icg/current/webframe.html#after_addingmultipledomains.html

15161iA6D3B13C958FD618.png