Actions List is not loaded in .aspx form for any user other than Admin

• 21 February 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi there,

I am using .aspx page to show and action form. All actions are set to load from client event in a dropdown box to show to the user. I have four K2 users other than the Admin user for testing purposes. A web service is set to start the process which is called when a form is submitted.

A user fills and submits a form to start the process instance. When the workflow comes to a client event, it posts a task to every destination user. All users can see their tasks in their K2 workspace worklist. But when the users clicks on their task - which opens the submitted form with a dropdown box that should have all the client event actions - only the Admin user can see these actions in its dropdown list. The actions does not load in dropdown box for any other user.

Please help me in this regard to show actions in dropdown list.

PS: IIS Application Pool Identity is set to Admin

3 replies

Badge +5
SPAMSC
Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Maybe check for action rights. To do this goto Management Console in Workspace and expand the process in question here. On each action you can specify rights. By default there should be no entries there, meaning everyone that is part of the process will be able to see the actions. If entries exist there remove and apply…alternately add the users there.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

Thanks Guys. Its working fine now.

I checked the action rights in workspace. There was no entry at all which means anyone who has process rights can access the actions which is fine in my case. Then I enabled web app ASP.Net Impersonation from IIS which worked absolutely fine and is not letting me access all the actions for any user i specify.

thanks again :)