Historic processes which are completed still showing up Error Profiles of Management Console in K2 Workspace

• 12 June 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

In "Error Profiles" of Management Console in K2 Workspace, we noticed historic processes appearing even though they were completed/cancelled (next activity of our K2 workflow, bascially).
How does the process go into the next activity when an error has occurred on it's current activity? Ideally, shouldn’t the process stop at that instant awaiting user intervention?

Kindly confirm.

Thanks,
Chandrala

3 replies

Badge +10

That's definitely not expected behaviour.  I would suggest opening a support ticket with K2 so they can work through it with you.

Badge +2

Thank you for your reply!
Also, could you please let me know if there's a possiblity when a process is triggered gives way to create another instance of process (with a different ProcInstId), while the previously created process remains as it is though the newly created process workflow has gone into completion?

Badge +10

So the scenario is that multiple instances have been created for a single submission.  If so I have seen it happen before.  Sometimes its been related to lag when the user clicks submit on the form so they click submit multiple times which causes multiple instances with the same form information.  If that's what's happening one approach to help prevent this is to create an incrementing ID when the form loads and make sure at submission that that ID is not already there or else check just after the workflow starts.