Approval Button in email

• 16 February 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

is it possible to create approval button using nintex workflow 2010?

Thank you

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

An approval button for what exactly? If it is for a task, you can leverage the out-of-the-box functionality and customize the approval forms within the task action.

Badge +3

Where do you want the button? On the form or e-mail, there is ways to embed.

Badge +3

Hi Jesse, I want to place the button in the e-mail, when the approve button is clicked, it will continue the workflow. is there any tutorial so I can achieve this? thanks.

Badge +6

Hi Hendy,

Have you considered using Lazy Approval? This would allow the workflow to continue without the need for buttons and only requiring the user to reply to the email with defined certain text. No embedding required.

LazyApproval Guide: Nintex Workflow 2013 & Nintex Workflow 2010

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +3

Hi Mark,

My Company have a need to put the approval button within the email.

Yes, I already tried the lazy approval. happy.png

Badge +7

Tried the Outlook NINTEX Add-in ?

Badge +11

There is Nintex add-in for outlook? I will need to have a look for that.

Anyway, I tried the exact same thing before. Putting the button in your mail body is no problem at all. Just switch to the html builder when writing the mail body and use basic html to create a button. However, the problem is that you normally you can't just execute some javascript function on that button, this will be blocked already by most of the mail clients.

So one thing you COULD do is to create an application page that does nothing but to approve a certain task and call this application page whenever the button is clicked. But this is complete overkill and like most of the others i have to recommend using lazy approval here.

Cheers

Philipp

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Check this out: Announcing: Nintex Add-in for Outlook

Badge +3

Thanks a lot guys, i think i'll use nintex add in for outlook.