Move smart object from server a to server b

• 28 November 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

i would like to know that i have smart objects i need to move my smart objects from development environment to production server.

you reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Regards

2 replies

Badge +8

Here's how I do it...

First make sure the Service Instance is configured properly. (If it's one of the built in ones, you'll be OK. Otherwise you'll have to create it with the same settings and GUID as in production with the Service Tester.)

1. Open the SmartObject tester and point it at the development server.
  2. Find your smart objects.
  3. For each smart object, right click and select "To SODX" and save them
  4. Open a new project in K2 Studio (empty option.. not a process or smart object project)
  5. Right click in the Solution Explorer and select Add > Existing Item.
  6. Find the sodx files and add to the project.
  7. Deploy the project to production.

The caveat here is that the name of your K2 Studio project will be the container that holds the smartobjects in prod. That's only a UI issue since this deployment will create them with the same GUIDs in Prod and your processes will work.

Or you can try this.. but I haven't used it.

SharePoint SmartObject Synchronization Tool

The K2 SharePoint SmartObject Synchronization Tool allows users to synchronize their SharePoint SmartObject and Service Instance GUIDs across multiple environments (development, production, etc). Note: This tool works with K2 blackpoint 0902 (the original release) and will work with K2 SharePoint SmartObjects starting with the K2 blackpearl release 090x

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/sharepoint_smartobject_synchronization_tool/default.aspx

Badge +1

i am getting this error when i follow your steps. but i dont understand how to create service instance.

1 Error(s)
(K2Project1) Deploy SmartObjects: Task error: SmartObject Server Exception: Dependancy could not be created: System.Exception: Dependancy could not be created. Parent does not exist in this environment. Check Data property of exception.
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.VerifyObjects(List`1 parents)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Services.DependancyService.CreateDepenancyBatch(Dictionary`2 depenancyBatch). SmartObject: [Des_List]
Parent ID = 'd84f8bc6-a1c7-47ab-8bee-092b3619b050'
Parent Name = 'Des_List'
Parent Class Name = ''
Parent Version = ''
Parent Extra Data = 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.SharePointV2.SharePointService'

0 Warnings(s)

Thanks

Regards