New K2 Service & Workspace Accounts

• 21 August 2013
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

At presenet, Production, Test and Developmet servers use the same k2 service and k2 workspace accounts under a window domain.

I need to have a new k2 service, k2 workspace and new sharepoint site collection administrator for test and development. So that production server can use the existing k2 service account, k2 workspace account, sharepoint site collection administrator account

How can I achieve this ? What are the steps

4 replies

Badge +6

Just run the k2 setup manager on test environment and choose configure option. You will have the option of changing the service account and App Pool account.

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for the information. 

The second k2 service account  will not have proper access to the cryptographic keys right (RSA Folder) ? 

File and Folder permission explicity required for this k2 service account on the K2 server right ?
For exmple, need to set Full Control for %SYSTEMROOT%temp

If i run the k2 setup manager on test environment (K2 workspace), is it going to handle automatically ?

Please advise

Badge +6

Make the new service account a local administrator on the test server. Then login as that account and run the setup manager. Make sure that this new account also has appropriate rights on the SQL server and SharePoint farm.

WRT workspace, just manually modify the app pool identity (advanced settings) to the new account. When you run the setup manager, use the existing app pool and it should work.

Badge +1

Thanks for the information.