Server was unable to process request. An item with the same key has already been added.

• 5 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +11

I am using SharePoint 2010. I havea workflow in Nintex 2010 that I am trying to modify. This workflow is not new. It was created in early July or the end of June. I tried to make a modification to the Set Item Permissions. I wanted give permissions to one more person with a different type of permissions than those in there. It is a simple change. However when I make that change, I get a yellow triangle over the action indicating something is wrong with it. Yet, no error displays when I hover over it. When I try to save the workflow, I get the error message:

Server was unable to process request. An item with the same has already been added.

What is the deal? This is getting on my nerves!!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What happens if you delete the action and add a new one (or two) with the setup you need? Does it publish?

Don't forget you can rollback a version if you want to undo.

Badge +11

You are the bomb Andrew! Its a shame I have to delete it. What I did is create a new action without deleting the other one. It still worked without deleting the other one. I guess the other one was corrupted some how. Once I got the new action set up the way I wanted, I deleted the old one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Glad that worked, I've done this in the past with similar situations.

Badge +11

Its crazy you had to delete it. But as long as it works!