Designing forms and workflows with MACs

• 24 December 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Are there any good solutions for designing on-premise Nintex forms and workflows using a MAC?  We have quite a few MACs in our organization and we constantly hear complaints about how they can't create or edit Nintex forms or workflows. 

What I was hoping was that someone might have had some success with a browser plug-in for Safari, Firefox or Chrome on OS X that enabled form and workflow designing?  This seems like a solution that might be easy to provide documentation for and to support.  I really don't want to go down the road of some sort of VM instance.

Thanks.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I don't have a Mac, so I'm not sure the experience. But I'll share this with my network and see if we can find an answer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

for what I know, designing forms and workflow with Nintex for on-premises versions of SharePoint is possible only with Internet Explorer and the old version available for Mac is too old to be compatible.. Nintex for O365 should be more browser friendly and it should be possible to design also with other browsers.

Giacomo

Badge +3

So it's looking like the answer is there is no way to create or modify Nintex Forms or Workflows for on-premise versions of Nintex with a Mac? 

That's really unfortunate, one of the whole purposes of creating a browser based application is so that it can work on multiple types of devices regardless of the operating system.  Instead it's looking like we are going to have to tell all our customers that Nintex only works on PC's.

Badge +2

I know this is a late answer on this post, but do you know if there is any update on having a better browser support?

It is really annoying having such an "Enterprise" Tool and being faced with such a problem

Badge +1

I've been wondering this same thing for a few years now. I just found out that it is possible. You need to modify Safari to function as Internet Explorer. Here's an article that shows you how.