Error in request data action. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

Badge +1

On only one workflow (was working find until now and no modification done on it), I get systematicaly this error

I try do republish the wf on a farm admin account, same error.

I delete the request data et done it again, same.

Any idea ?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Take a look to your logs for the exception that occurred immediately prior to this one.

Have you tried a new content type?

What version/build?

Badge +1

Thanks for the answer.

I just try to create a new content type, same...

in the log I found :

06/26/2015 16:33:49.52  w3wp.exe (0x1B38)                        0x0C84 Nintex Workflow 2013           General                        00000 Unexpected  (http://nintex.intranet.chuv/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/preview.aspx?ListId=7ba3b3c4-2fb9-41c0-bd4c-6bed28aaab36&ItemId=385&InstanceId=1989c745-bab9-4c78-a43d-64d4c4ee98a3): Nintex.Workflow.NWActionExecutionException: Error in request data action. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowUtility.StrUrlDispFormTask(SPWeb web, SPList list, String strID)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowTaskUpdateMailUtil.StrInstructionEditTask(Boolean fDownLevel, Boolean fRequestAccess)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.WorkflowTaskUpdateMailUtil.StrTaskInstructionsCommon(Boolean fDownLevel) ... 6627149d-aefd-b0e7-b046-6f0b6a4dac9f

But it's not talking to me at all !

We run SP 2013 Foundation with NW2013 3.0.8.0

Badge +1

Hi,

As i did not find any obvious problem in the request data, variables and content types, i have redone the workflow from scratch (without using snipets or existing content type) and now it's works !

Thanks for your help