Schedule a workflow to run every month

• 1 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I need to create a workflow that will send out a task reminder on the 1st Monday of every month.  How can I do this?

3 replies

Badge +16

you could schedule a workflow on the 1st day of every month and inside find out what the current day of the week is and pause until the following Monday?

Badge +8

You will need to create a site workflow and then schedule it to run on the 1st of the month. Go to the gear in the upper right, go to Nintex Workflow, then Create Site Workflow.  Once you've created your notification and published your flow, go back to the gear, and Nintex Workflow, then Schedule Site Workflows.

Note that this flow will be independent of any list, so if you need to gather list data you'll have to query for it.

Badge +4

@calmaguer can I build a list from a series of sources?

My scenario is we have an internal code (e.g. NYC CARSALES JSMITH) identifying which regional salesperson owns the customer relationship for that product.

Occasionally this needs to change to someone else for business reasons and requires an approval process before being submitted to IT to update the system with the changes.

I've built a list workflow which gets approval and records the proposed changes in a list (say List A).

What I want to do is on the 25th of each month retrieve all approved changes from list A (since the 26th of the previous month) and match these items to the internal codes list (say List B) which is also on the same SharePoint site.

Then I'll export the combined list (say List C) to Excel, hopefully via the scheduling function.

I can see how to do the export and also how to schedule the workflow to run on the 25th of the month via scheduling of the workflow (haven't tried to combine that yet but I am focusing on building list C first.

Do you know if I need to run the workflow daily with a Query List function or just run this once a month?

@eharris04 are there any posts you have come across which might help?

Once I have run the query list do I just run an update item or how would i change the status of the items retrieved from the list so i don't duplicate the item in the following month?