Filter Database table

• 19 July 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

I got it my head that I could filter a table at the broker level. Not only can I not do that, I can't figure out how to filter it when I create the SmartObject [in K2 studio]. I can filter it at run time, but I don't want to deal with having the whole table need to get parsed.

For example I have a 35,000 item table. 17,000 of them are marked with a Y as active. The rest have a N for not active. Isn't there a way to have the smart object only be comprised of the active items, that way when I do a lookup, it would return an answer twice as fast?

I haven't been using visual studio, is that my issue? Did I just make up in my head the ability to do this? I could create a DB with one col and one row that contains Y, and then join the two smart objects, but that seems silly and I'm not sure it would make anything faster anyway.

I'd appreciate any and all thoughts...

Thanks,

Brian

1 reply

Badge +5

Oops.. Found it.

In Studio In the Edit Service Object Method wizard...

when you are in the "bound to" for the field "Smart Object Method Parameter" is the default.  If you doubble click and open the item, you can choos Map to "Specific Value" (in my case Y).