installation of all components on the same server

Badge +5

Hi,

What are the minimum (development environment) and recommended (production environment) requirements (Processor, RAM, Disk Space) If I install K2 Blackpearl, IIS, MOSS 2007, SQL Server 2005 on the same server? In this scenario, if I have to access multiple domains will I need Kerberos?

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +9

There isn't a hard and fast rule as this depends on your usage patterns.  If you are a single developer running everything in one box, it is possible to get decent performance running with 1.6GB in a virtual machine (3GB Physical) with a Core 2 Duo processor.  If you are sharing the box, getting a Quad Core box with 4GB of RAM should be a good starting environment for a small team of developers.

Memory requirements should go down in the subsequent releases after build 0803 as I do know there is further optimization work being done to minimize the footprint and improve the speed of the BP Studio designer.

For the kerberos question, you should only need to use kerberos if any components (except the database) is installed on different servers.  You should also install in "Stand Alone" configuration as "Farm" configuration requires the use of Kerberos.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Badge +3

Hi Rui

here are some of the basic requirments for Blackpearl. Please note that because you are install this as a single server it is recomended that you have more RAM and a larger processor in order to have acceptable performance.

Processor requirments 

Minimum: Server with processor speed of 2.5 gigahertz (GHz) or higher

Recommended: Dual processor, 3 GHz or higher

*32-bit and 64-bit support

Memory requirments

Minimum: 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM

Recommended: 2 GB recommended*

*Farm deployment requires 2 GB RAM; 4 GB recommended for SQL and K2 Server

Hard disk requirments

3 GB of available HD space

Badge +5
Thank you for your answers