How can I make the list lookup field more convenient?

• 19 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +7

Hi!
I have a list lookup field with approx. 300 entries (single line of text).

In the new items form it looks like two boxes and you can add items from the left box into the right one (you probably all know it).

My problem is that the box is so small (the width) that most you can just read the first two words of all the items. This makes it really inconvenient.

I tried to write some code to have a search-function, but I am not that good in programming so I couldn't find a solution that worked for me.

Do you have ideas?

For example change the SharePoint Designer 2013 code so the box isn't that small..?

Thank you!

4 replies

Badge +5

Hi

Are you asking for Nintex Forms solution or do you want to know a solution for SharePoint out-of-the-box.

For SharePoint you shouldn't touch this dialog with SharePoint Designer because you can damage a lot.

For Nintex Forms there are possibilities to achieve what you want to have.

Badge +7

I don't mean Nintex Forms. You mean I can damage a lot when editing SharePoint Designer code?
I just edit the code for a form, I can always go back to the default one.

Badge +5

I just do not recommend SharePoint Designer if you are not sure what you do, because I personally do not like SharePoint Designer, but sure you can do it if you want...

Badge +7

I don't like changing the form via SharePoint Designer code but since I do not have access to Nintx Forms I guess its the only option. I think InfoPath is even worse..