"HostServer Service registration failed" when configuring K2 Blackpearl

Badge +1

I'm experiencing an error when running the K2 blackpearl configuration wizard.  The error occurs during the "K2 Server" portion of the configuration process, when registering the K2Server.exe service.  Here is the entry in the installation log:

"SourceCode.Server.Configuration","15002 Hostserver Service registration failed: Process must exit before requested information can be determined.

I'll add that I am getting this error after upgrading K2 blackpearl to version 4.6.5 and K2 smartforms to 1.0.2.  The initial upgrades for these 2 products went fairly smoothly (other than having to create a new app pool for K2 smartforms), but when I went to re-configure K2 blackpearl, I get the above message, and the K2Server service is no longer registered.

I've already tried disabling antivirus to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this issue after installing the newest version of either K2 blackpearl or smartforms?  This is my development environment, so it's a single server installation.

2 replies

Badge +8

I can't really tell why this happens, but you can try using the following command to see if the K2 Service gets registered successfully:

K2HostServer.exe -i -ServiceName:"K2 blackpearl Server" -displayName:"K2 blackpearl Server" -BinaryPath:"c:Program Files (x86)Host ServerBinK2HostServer.exe" -User:YourDomainYourK2ServiceAcc -Password:AccPassword -Description:"K2 blackpearl Server Service"  

Badge

I was downgrading from Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate to Professional and had the same K2 service registration issue when i ran the Repair option from the K2 Blackpearl Setup Manager. I think the reason why the K2 service registration failed for me was because i ran the Repair process from a different account (Administrator) than the K2 service account (k2service). I should probably have logged in to the windows machine with the K2 service account and then ran the Repair process. Anyhow i solved the K2 service registration issue with help from dc's answer (thanks dc):

K2HostServer.exe -i -ServiceName:"K2 blackpearl Server" -displayName:"K2 blackpearl Server" -BinaryPath:"c:Program Files (x86)Host ServerBinK2HostServer.exe" -User:YourDomainYourK2ServiceAcc -Password:AccPassword -Description:"K2 blackpearl Server Service"