Displaying dynamic Checkboxes (or option buttons) dynamically.

Badge +1

Hi, How can I display multiple checkboxes dynamically based on dropdown selection fields. I have two dropdown fields to select Month and Year. Based on selected Month and Year I need to display individual date as a checkbox. The user should be able to select more than one date in the selected month. Please assist of any possible solution for this.

4 replies

Badge +4

Right-click the field you want to conditionally hide and select Add Rule. The rule condition needs to be formatted like Javascript, so say for example I only want this date field to appear when the Year selected is 2015, my condition would be "not(Year=="2015")" and then I would check the box next to Hide at the bottom of the Rule options.

77218_pastedImage_0.png

I'm not entirely sure what your criteria are, but if you had different date choices for different Year/Month combinations you would need a separate Drop Down List field for each possible date choice combination... If you put each one in a panel and apply the rule to the panel it will keep things neat, otherwise you'll end up with big gaps in your form.

Read More:

Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms

Nintex Forms and the New “Rules” Feature | Sharepoint SIG

Badge +1

Hi Daniel, Thank you for the suggestions. What I am actually trying to do is, if I select May in Month Select Drop Down and 2015 in Year Select Drop Down, it should build the Checkbox for each date in that month. I think we need to build (create) the checkboxes dynamically using JQuery, but not sure if that is possible or if there are any possible alternate solutions.

I have attached the screenshot of how it should work. Any help would be really appreciated.

77314_pastedImage_1.png

77315_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +7

Good day,

Have you considered building a separate list with columns Year, Month and Day and using that with a multiple select droplist and some filtering?  Almost like a cascading prompt.

I have not tried this yet but I also think what you are trying to achieve in the screenshot above would lead to so much coding on the form.

Interesting problem.  I'd like to try making this work in my environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi , hopefully you've resolved this outdated problem.
could you post a resolution and close the question by marking it answered?

#BRGreview