Nintex live question

Badge +7

I have never used Nintex live, so this might be a stupid question.  I am trying to create a Vendor form for our new vendors to complete, and I know Nintex Live can handle anonymous form completion.  But the form needs to be started by someone in our company, and completed by the vendor.  I thought I could manage this with a workflow, which sends an email to the vendor, which would include a link to the Nintex Live published form.  Is it possible to start a form on an on premise SharePoint list, and have it then available in Nintex Live for completion by the vendor? 

One other question, can you use people and group field in Nintex Live forms?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you seen this?

Publish a Nintex Form to the Cloud

Notice that you will get a link to be sent to your vendor.

Badge +7

Yes, thank you, but this doesn’t answer my questions. However, I believe that I have deduced the answer to the people and group field is that, no, that control does not work in Nintex Live. Can anyone answer the question about if, or how, I can have someone internally complete a portion of the form and someone externally complete the rest? The issue is that once the completed form is received from the vendor, it must go through approval process, and we need to know who to send it to for approval, based on who in our company initiated the contact with the vendor.

Ellen Farley

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

It's a bit late, but maybe my comments below can be of use to anyone else. So, Ellen, did you in the end solve your challenge?

To my knowledge this does not seem to be possible. You publish a Form template to the Nintex Live Forms cloud. If you need fields to be prefilled you may consider to add additional logic to your form that does the prefilling normally done by the internal employee. One alternative that comes to mind, assuming this does work as I don't have much experience with Live Forms yet, is to use a different internal list (with regular Nintex Form, not published to the NLF cloud) where the employee enters the prefill data for the vendor, including the vendor's email address. The Live Form then uses lookups/default values using the vendor's email address as a filter.

If the prefilled data is not essential for the vender to fill out the form, then you might consider changing the process where your employee updates a submitted form. E.g. in a panel hidden if the form is opened in the Live Forms cloud by the vendor.

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Ok, meanwhile I did have some experience with Live Forms and also with a requirement to use prefilled fields. To do so I would use a workflow with some fill-in fields (prompted for on starting the workflow) for your employee to enter their information, and then  include this values as query string values in the url for your Live Form (e.g. ...aspx?Id=......&CompanyName=MyCompany&RequestNo=2018_new_102). Keep in mind that in this case you need to use the full URL, not the bit.ly short url, to add the query strings to; which will be visible to the Live Form submitter. In the Live Form you can set a custom Default value for several fields using the GetQueryString function (e.g. to set the default value for the field Company Name you would use GetQueryString(CompanyName), for Request Number GetQueryString(RequestNo) and so on); for those fields where this would not work you can also use Custom JavaScript to prefill those.

Badge +9

Maybe you can create two content types one to filled out by yourself and another live form that vendor fills out. both info stays in same list fields. on the on prem form you may add a list view control to show live form fields?