Blackpoint Process with Generated or custom ASP.NET forms issue

• 29 April 2009
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

I created a Process with ASP.NET forms technology and chose Generate new ASP.NET forms. I created a simple process with a SP Wrokflow Integration Client event and a Mail event. I deployed it without any problem. I tried to start a WF on a list item manually submit an instantiation form but the WF didn't start. The WF status field didn't appear in the list item and the workflows running on the item was empty. In the event log I found the following warning:

[WebControlInstantiationBase:Submit], System.ArgumentException: The content type of a workflow task must be derived from the Workflow Task content type.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.PrepForWorkflow(SPContentType ct)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.PrepForWorkflowTemplate(SPWorkflowTemplate wt)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflowElev(SPListItem item, SPFile file, SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWorkflowEvent startEvent, Boolean bAutoStart, Boolean bCreateOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.<>c__DisplayClass1.<StartWorkflow>b__0()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWorkflowEvent startEvent, Boolean bAutoStart, Boolean bCreateOnly)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, String eventData, Boolean isAutoStart)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(SPListItem item, SPWorkflowAssociation association, String eventData)
   at SourceCode.SharePoint.Workflow.WebControls.K2InstantiationWebControl.Submit(Boolean AppendK2Process)

Based on this message a I checked the Content Type of the task item and I saw the problem is the generated task item is inherited from Item base type not the Workflow task base type.

I think it's important I'm using K2 Balckpoint with different language packs (not English). May be there is problem for K2 Blackpoint?

Someone has any idea of the problem?

1 reply

Badge +4

Unfortunatelly it is a language issue (based my test experience). The Blackpoint create the task content type based on the content type name (i don't no why...). In my environment the Workflow task has a language specified name so it couldn't find it...