Any advice when working with document libraries that require check out?

• 27 June 2012
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

I'm running into a couple of snags when working with a document library that has Check Out required.

1) A simple K2 Designer (sharepoint) process attached to a different list, does not create documents in the document library or update the metadata on them when Check Out is required. I would think the documents could be created. I understand why the metadata would not get applied.. but the process does not error out, all steps indicate successful completion in the view flow.

2) In a more advanced K2 studio process, do I have to do a check out step, then my changes, then a check in step for every modification of the document and it's metadata?

What are best practices here?

Thanks.

2 replies

Badge +8

Is there anyone using Check-In/Check-Out?

Badge +4

Hello,

1) When you create the document, are you supplying all required fields? If not, the document is likely getting created as the K2 service account and being left as "Checked Out" to that user; this would explain why you can't see it logged in as any other user.

2) If check-in and out is required on the document library, yes, you would need to check-out/in the document in order to edit it.