Release or Reallocate workitems assigned to different user

Badge +3

Hi all,

I have scenerio where an workitem is assigned to different user by one member. Now admin want to release the workitem and want to assign it to different user which is in open state.

Example:

A member is K2 role name it as admin assigns it to different user using K2 workflow. the user gets a task assigned. Now user performs some operation. But the user due to some emergency won't be able to come to ofice toi finish the task. Now can the admin release the workitem from user and reallocate todifferent user. Can this be done through k2 worklist.

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Badge +5

Based on my understanding of your question:

Only the user that currently owns the task in question can redirect it from the K2 Worklist web part used on a SharePoint site, or from the default Worklist page when you first open up K2 Workspace.

The Administrator will need to use the "Management" pages in K2 Workspace to redirect the assigned task to another user from the Workflow Server --> Worklists option. 

1. Open up the K2 Workspace site.

2. Select the the Management option from the menu at the top of the page.

3. Then expand the K2 Management tree menu on the left side of the page down to Workflow Server.

4. From inside Workflow Server, select "Worklists".

16367i49A7718F6452283D.png

10. Click OK to redirect this task immediately.

Hope that helps!

Jason

Badge +3

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

But actually i was asking this possibility through k2 worklist control of smartform.

Badge +3

Dear JP,

you can create a form using the worklist item control, where you have the options of redirect and release.

this can be done by the user directly, rather admin getting involved and re-directing from the workspace.

hope this helps.

14417i7AD0403D0478BCBD.png
Badge +5

Hi Jaya,

It's going to be the same for the SmartForms worklist control. That control is designed to only show the current logged in user's tasks assigned to them.

See Worklist SmartForm Control Information here.

You can change filters around, but it's still inherently designed for current logged in user.

Based on your question..."Now can the admin release the workitem from user and reallocate todifferent user. Can this be done through k2 worklist."

If you want to provide an administrator with the ability to redirect tasks outside of K2 Workspace, then you would have to build your own custom worklist control with the K2 .Net object model.

Now, there is another option if you would like to allow managers to view their direct report's worklist by enabling the Managed Users option in K2 Workspace. Then the manager of that person could go to Workspace and redirect the task.

For more, checkout this link:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/UserGuide/current/webframe.html#Reference_-_Workspace_-_Managed_Users.html

Jason

Badge +3

Thanks a lot for the help