Query User Profile with email

• 9 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello Nintex Community !

I am trying to use the "Query User Profile" action in a Nintex Workflow (SP2010), and I I have a strange behavior:

The user field in the action is filled with a list column (containing an email), and return the property "manager" of user if exists.

It is working well for almost all of our users, except a few ones. I have checked that user (email, manager, hidden user info list, etc) and there are no differences with a "normal" user. I have the error : "profile with email xxxx@xxx.xxx" cannot be found". If I try to manually enter that user in the Query User Profile action (by entering the email in Nintex Workflow Designer), the email is converted with SharePoint user, and workflow is working well.

Where do the "Query User Profile" action look for getting a profile ? 

PS : I tried a simple query user profile workflow in a SharePoint 2016 platform, and it does not work at all with the email address !

Any help would be appreciated happy.png.

Thank you !

5 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

For your information, I have received a feedback from the Support Team, and it is a defect, so it should work. 

There will be a new version in the future that will correct that issue.

Thanks anyway.

Regards, 

Jordan

Badge

Hey Jordan,

Did you ever get this working? I get the same error when trying to use a variable that has an email. Thanks

Badge

Is there any update news for this?

The email address with dash seems to get returned with the exception message "User 'xxx.xxx-xxx@domain.com' does not exists or user profile cannot be found." 

This is critical issue for my customer.

Badge +17

which version of SharePoint are you running? Have you tried seeing if it can resolve using the user name or account name?

Badge

Thanks for the reply. I am using Nintex Workflow for O365.

Below is the Query User Profile dialog that in the User name (Email address) section, it said: "Specify an email address corresponding to a SharePoint user profile."

I can get Display Name, Email Address, Login Name or User ID from a user object and i just tested by using each element, but only Email Adress returned the right value. The others all said, "User 'xxx' does not exists or user profile cannot be found.".

As the section description, only Email Address is acceptable. Like I said in the previous thread, Email Address with a dash seems not working.

Is there any alternative way to get profile info with Email Adress with a dash?

1638iE710E3C7E61978AC.png