How do I make a field visible based on the selection of a dropdown?

• 7 December 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I have a dropdown selector with 3 choices (Yes, No, Pending).

If the User selects "Yes," I would like a particular field to become visible.  If the other two options are selected, it would stay hidden.

This is for a particular field, and not for an entire panel.  I feel like there should be an easy formula to accomplish this, using the Visible Control Settings on the dynamic field:

211309_pastedImage_1.png

I just need help in writing that formula, as I am very new to this stuff.  Please help!

6 replies

Badge +9

see How Do I Show or Hide a Control Based Off Dropdown Selection answered by  

Badge +6

Can't get that to work.  How do I relate it to the particular field I need hidden? As mentioned, I'm a beginner.  But I feel like there may be a missing piece to his steps.

Thinking there should be a simple formula I can throw into the Visible expression feature.  Just as there is when I want to hide a field unless a Member is part of a certain group:  fn-IsMemberOfGroup(Group A)

Badge +9

create a new rule, select the control to which the rule should be assigned and then click the small black triangle on the right to open the following menu and select 'Add to selected controls'.

211326_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +6

I think I was making this more difficult than it needed to be.  I gave it another go today and it worked!  Thank you for your help!

Badge +9

Please show us your solution so that others can also benefit from it.

Badge +6

I changed the conditional field to a radio button (Y/N).

If a Police Report was requested, I needed the Report Received label and buttons to appear.  If a report was not requested, then the received label/buttons should stay hidden.

211493_pastedImage_1.png

The Rule I entered:

211494_pastedImage_2.png

Also, be sure the Label is associated to the radio button control (so it follows the same rule):

211495_pastedImage_3.png