"Header/Footer" View

• 4 April 2014
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hello,

a very quick and easy question: I would like to create a header/footer view for my SmartForms, so that we can just drag them onto a form to give it a custom look&feel.

However when I drag the view on there it always gets the border (depending on the chosen theme). Is it possible to disable the view border for some views but not for others?

Thanks!

8 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

I do not believe that is possible unfortunately. What about adding Label control's as a header/footer?

Badge +4

The reason I would like to place them in a view is two-fold:

• Easier to setup
    Once you designed it a single time you can just drag/drop it on
  • Easier to maintain
    New header layout = just change the one view, not the many forms

Neither of these reasons is critical to the development, but it would be a tremendous help if this was possible (and yet another easy selling point for SmartForms).

Badge +4

Hi MDC,

Currently this is not possible, you can only set the "Collapsible" to false to disable the function for it to hide but you can’t remove the border.

This is if I am understanding correctly that you are speaking about the border that is able to expand and collapse.

You can always log a support ticket as a feature request.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Quintin

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi MDC

I agree with Taariq, the quickes option i think would be to use "labels" on the form itself which would then be used to represent your Header and Footer.  The labels would not contain a border when incuded into the form and not the view, but when it is included in the view it will be bordered, but if you want a control that's created only once and can then be used multiple times and in different forms/view then I suggest having a look at custom controls.

Please have a look at these links regarding how to create a custom control:

Create Custom Control Project

Add Custom Control Field

Please have a look at these links regarding how to add and use resource files:

Adding/Using Resource File

(Please Note: K2 does not support any contols downloaded from the Community Site)

Badge +4

Ok,

thank you all for the replies, I will have a go at creating a custom control!

Badge +6

Keep us posted on whether you are able to accomplish this using a custom control.

Best Regards,

Badge +10

If you do not give the view a name once you drag it onto the form it should only keep a very thin border of around 1px, depending on the css. If you wanted to, you can make the border in the css transparent. Unfortunately, since there is no control over the HTML, it will remove the border for all other item view's as well. If you dont mind that then just change the CSS for the theme you are using.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi MDC

Please advise if you were able to solve this issue by creating a custom control and confirm if this post can be marked as solved or do you require futher assistance?