After Update Nintex Forms 2013 ( 2.11.2.2 ) Lookup Column error

Badge +2

When I call the form comes this message!

and if I change the value in Lookup Column the same message too...

15 replies

Badge +8

Hi Marco,

If you try to open the Nintex designer for the list and republish the form what error do you get ? or does it publish successfully ..? 

Regards,

Shrini

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Marco,

do you work with any code in your form?

Did all solutions deploy correctly?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +2

The problem is the Calculate field with lookup fx to the list from which the dropdown is filled when the fields are empty.

it worked before the update

Badge +8

Hi Marco,

What is the exact error message you are getting, I can see the screen shot "There are some problems ...." but the actually error message is not in english? Could you please translate?

Looking at your lookup formula though are you really filtering it by "ID"? or is it some other column? ID is SharePoint's internal ID column?

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Hi Shrini

this message comes when a field in the lookup list is empty!

Message in ENG

Regards,

Marco

Badge +8

Hi Marco,

I did a quick try myself on my version on Nintex forms and it seems okay, if there are no rows to retrieve (i.e. if there are no rows in the lookup lists), I believe you might have to trouble shoot a little further as I guess you only started getting this error after a Nintex forms upgrade?

1) Could you create another calculated column and add the same formula to check if it still occurs (just to rule out any form control issues after upgrade). You might have to delete the problem causing calculated column just so that the same error does not crop up. (Please take a backup of your original form though!)

2) Could you check if you query is right? I do see you are selecting ID column to filter on? Is that correct? 

3) Could you try hard-coding a value instead of "Account Number" just to see if the calculated formula is able to lookup an empty list and does not throw an error.

4) Replace the "Account number" control to check?.

You might want to troubleshoot this further because when I did try on my version (which is not of your version though) it seems okay. 

Regards,

Shrini

Badge +2

Hi Shrini,

Thank you for your support

I check the points and give a feedback
Regards,
Marco
Badge +1

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with the current release 2.11.2.2 for Nintex Forms 2013

All referenced calculated values depending on lookup values are throwing the named error message, when the returned value is empty.

Please fix this issue asap.

Creating new controls doesn´t fix the problems.

Regards

Martin

Badge +1

It also applies on form variables when u have build them with a lookup value

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

it's a bug.

I've reported it to Nintex Support‌ and they confirmed it.

unfortunatelly (and typically sad.png), they do not provide any estimate when it could have been fixed.

from my investigation, all the calculations that evaluate to NULL result cause the alert to pop up.

as far as I was able to track it down, they forgot(?)  to check for a null-ness of a variable at a place of code

213699_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

I also have the same issue, reported to Nintex, working with Nintex Support.

Badge +2

Hi 

This has been logged as a bug and we will update you soon on the release for the fix 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I wish I saw this before I updated. I too have opened a bug with Nintex.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We've managed to come up with a workaround if you absolutely need your form working until a patch is released.

If you open each calculated field on the form that use the lookup function and simply add +"" to the end of the query (to add a null value to the result) it will stop the error from occurring. The downside is that the calculated field will display "null" if no value is returned by the lookup. To solve that we added a rule to all calculated fields with lookups to hide the control if it equals "null".

So to recap, change the lookup to: lookup("test","test","test","test")+""

Add a formatting rule to hide the calc field:

equals({self}, "null")

Badge +7

*Sigh* Updating Nintex forms, a roll of the dice to see what breaks this time.

My workaround...

Instead of

lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1")

if(isNullOrEmpty(lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1")),"",lookup("Question Groups","ID",QuestionGroupLookup,"Q1"))

Though I'd try Santoshi's fix first as that seems more elegant.