Unable to load workspace, Membership not verified: Object reference not set

• 22 October 2007
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi all,

I have installed BlackPearl, when I browse and logged as "service account", I can view the workspace.

However, I then try to access from my desktop under my username, I cannot access it, not even a dialog pop up and ask for my credential. The error message is,

"Error:
Membership could not be verified: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +5

Try adding :389 to your AD connection string in the web.config file for workspace. It should read LDAP://yourdomain.com:389. The web.config should be located at c:Program FilesK2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSiteweb.config.

Give that a try.

Badge +7
I try with an account which is same domain as the K2 Server installed, I can access.
But for a user account under difference domain, I get the same error after trying your solution.
Badge +7
Anyone can help? Or this will be solved in next hotfix?
Badge +8

I'm still annoyed with this error too.

Are other people on this forum able to have access to the workspace with user accounts from different domains?

Badge +5

Hi Nicholas,

Unfortunately it is not possible in HF2.01 to access the workspace from a different domain that is specified as the default in the Membership node of the Web.Config of workspace. Adding a new membership provider pointing to another AD connection string will work in future releases.

Regards

Gert

Badge +7
Will this be included in SP1? Or other hotfix after SP1?