Workflow errors and continues

Badge +2

Hi

I have a Nintex 2013 workflow that creates a sub-site on a team-site and afterwards creates an item in a list in the new sub-site.

This works perfectly in our pre-production environment, but in our production environment the flows creates the sub-site and then errors and claims that a workflow is running on the element (which there isn't). Then the workflow stops for a couple of minutes and then it continues and finishes without further errors!

I have tried to put a pause action into the workflow after the create sub-site action - but it still errors.

Any suggestions - I have never seen this behavior before!?

Here is what the workflow looks like:

Workflow

7 replies

Badge +7

Dear, 

Can you add a pause for 5 min as first action and try?

Badge +7

And please check the error log files. (Ex: Error forced due to logging gap...)

Badge +2

Hi Philip, thanks - just tried, same thing ,now it just errors much faster than before but is still continuing!

Badge +7

Can you check the Error logs files please?

Badge +2

I have checked them and I do not get any specific errors - I get some like this:

...rosoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(Object context, SPWorkflowAssociation association, SPWorkflowEvent startEvent, SPWorkflowRunOptions runOpts)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWorkflowManager.StartWorkflow(Object context, SPWorkflowAssociation association, String eventData, SPWorkflowRunOptions runOptions)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.WorkflowPageBase.StartWorkflow(SPWorkflowAssociation wa)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.WorkflowStartPage....

Or

SPRequest.AddWorkflowToListItem: UserPrincipalName=, AppPrincipalName= ,bstrUrl=http://team.prod.xxxx.local/sites/udkleverancer ,bstrListName={79377AB3-3196-4316-998A-A2E33A7B326A} ,lItemID=3083 ,lItemLevel=1 ,lItemVersion=6 ,workflowPackageId=7b3cd88e-52d4-425a-8c2f-01f2533c7bb2 ,workflowTaskListId=1831cba9-bfaf-4c3b-83da-0f9a1b302505 ,bstrStatusFieldInternalName=<null> ,lAuthorId=1 ,bstrModificationXml=<null> ,correlationId=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 e743f99d-a052-a064-7e7e-fe0b8a894116

Badge +7

Can I have the file and the error time?

Badge +2

I am afraid not - I do not have direct access to the sharepoint log files in our production environment.