Migrating Workflows with Sharegate

• 30 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +7

Hi All,

I've had a few mishaps in migrations recently using ShareGate. For instance, copying a production site back to a testing area. It seems that in some instances, after using ShareGate to migrate content, workflows begin firing in the test environment on the new content. In my case, this has sometimes generated a pile of notifications going to people which has caused alot of confusion. 

I am, however, having trouble reproducing this phenomena in a test environment. 

Does anyone know what the conditions need to be for the ShareGate migration to trigger workflows to start again?

thank you

3 replies

Badge +7

One thing you can try is updating your workflow to only run manually before you migrate or you might have to unpublish it and then republish it. There isn't an option within Sharegate around workflows other than move them or not.

Badge +1

Hello! We've been experiencing a similar issue with migrating workflows that are intermittently firing. Were you ever able to figure out any reason why? 

Badge +1

Interesting solution and definitely sounds like a great approach, thanks for sharing! Were you able to understand perhaps why some workflows would fire during migration?