Content Type fields are not showing up on Request Data form

• 25 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I have a Request Data page, and I created a content type and 2 fields.  I set the fields to text variables.  I published the workflow, and have an email that links to the content type page in Workflow Tasks.  But the page does not show the 2 fields.   Why are they not showing up on the page?  Please help!

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi Nick,

not sure if I understand your question but to make your content type available in a request data action, it has to be derived from the content type "workflow task" otherwise it won't shop up when configuring the action.

If your content type just doesn't show the fields, you eventually forgot to assign these fields to the content type? On your Content Type Page there is an option to "Add from existing site columns" where you can assign your site columns to the content type.

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +3

Hi Philipp,

I have the content type specified in the Request Form action.  It is called BookReviewContentType.  I have also created 2 fields for this content type and they are associated with BookReviewContentType.  When I try to "Add from existing site columns" on the Site Content Type page, those 2 fields do not show up in the Available columns to add.  They are listed as part of the BookReviewContentType, but there is no "Source" associated with those field columns.

Badge +11

Sorry, still not getting it. You have the columns already added to the content type and you can only add them once, that's why you don't see them when you try to "Add from existing site columns". The source info is not showing up because these columns are not created for another content type but your BookReviewContentType is the source.

Badge +3

Yes, the columns are already added to the BookReviewContentType.  Skip what I said about "Source".  It is not relevant in this case.  The fact remains that the 2 fields I created as part of the BookReviewContentType are not showing up on the Request Data form when I click on the email link to complete the task.  I added them when I created the content type, and I see them as part of the appropriate content type on the Site Settings - Site Columns, and Site Content Types pages.  But I don't know why they are not displaying on the Request Data form.  It does not make any sense.

Badge +11

Did you edit your task form and actually put these fields on the form?

Badge +3

No.  I don't have Nintex Forms.  Normally, I wouldn't need to do that if I create the content type and add the fields with a Request Data action.