Nintex Workflow got cancelled

• 24 February 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Nintex Workflow got cancelled, and completed. When task is assigned to some person, he does not take any action, but workflow failed and completed. It just shows error occurred. We end the workflow, and restarted it is working fine. We don’t have any information why workflow got cancelled. FYI We enabled lazy approval.

6 replies

Badge +6

Hi Ramanna,

There is no relation between the Lazy Approval and the WF instance which got cancelled. Can you please share few more details or the screenshot of the WF ?      

Regards

Bashya Rajan A   

Badge +3

Hi Rajan,

There was no information how workflow got cancelled, I ended workflow and restarted for same item, then it worked fine. Here I got some information.

Badge +11

This happens to a number of our workflows regularly. There doesn't seem to be a reason why the system account is cancelling the workflow. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

I'm facing the exact same issue in different sites. Occasionally when a (review or Flexi) task is completed properly, it shows up as Canceled and the workflow errors. Does anyone has any more information as to what may cause this. In one scenario LazyApproval is NOT enabled....

Badge +2

Hi Ramana,

Were you able to resolve this issue? Even I am having the same problem with my workflow and as of now I am just re-starting the workflow for failed items. Please let me know if you were able to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Aditya

Badge +1

I'm experiencing the same issues without a proper fix on SP2010, this occurs when the approver approves via Lazy Approval. The system captures the email successfully but the task processing fails, cusing the outcome to become "Cancelled" and the workflow errors out.

Had tried different workarounds e.g putting a 1 min pause before and inserting committ pending actions where relevant.

The workaround was to re-publish the workflow which does not work all the time.

ULS Logs shows

SharePoint Foundation         Workflow Infrastructure       88xrUnexpectedWinWF Internal Error, terminating workflow Id# e822a995-0060-46ae-9307-0066158f8823
SharePoint Foundation         Workflow Infrastructure       98d4UnexpectedSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOEWSSService.GetWebForWorkflow(SPWorkflow wf, SPWorkflowUserContext runAsUser)       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Workflow.SPWinOEWSSService.get_Web()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.WorkflowActions.WorkflowContext.get_Web()     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.MultiOutcomeInternal.TaskCompleted(Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.Activity.RaiseEvent(DependencyProperty dependencyEvent, Object sender, EventArgs e)     at System.Workflow.Activities.ReplicatorActivity.Cancel(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.CompositeActivity.HandleFault(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext, Exception exception)       a...
SharePoint Foundation         Workflow Infrastructure       98d4Unexpected...t System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.HandleFault(T activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext, Exception exception)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.HandleFault(Activity activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext, Exception exception)     at System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)     at System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions?