Working with Person & Group field

• 14 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Dear Nintex Support Team,

I have document library (Circular) with some fields. One of the field name “Category” as Person & Group. I have another custom list (PermissionLevel) with filed name “Title” as Single line String and another filed “Permission” as Person & Group. “Permission” field can have more than one group name

Now in category filed I can have more than one group name, so I want to filter that group one by one from PermissionLevel list with Title. Kindly can you help me.

5 replies

Badge +3

Any help will be appreciated 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

are you talking about general list views or are you setting up a Nintex Form? It's not really clear to me if this topic is related to Nintex at all.

I understood that you want to select an item in your document library and show items of the other list, that contain the group initially selected.

Usually I'd say put both lists on a SharePoint page and use a web part connection to link both lists to each other in the way you want.

It would be helpful if you can provide some screenshots or scribbles to show how far you've come and what your final solution should look like.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +3

Enrico Knapp

Sorry, It is related to the Nintex Workflow. I solved above issue but there another issue. I will try to explain again. I have document library which have Item Properties

• Title (Single line String)
  • Description (Multiline String)
  • Category (Multi Select Group)
  • Retention (Date/Time)

Another custom list Permission

• Title  (Single line String)
  • Permission (Multi Select Group)

Now the objective is when somebody add document that time user will mention group names, so I will filter group name from "Permission" list and get hierarchy and set read permission to document

My workflow as below

Step 1

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Now I have issue in step 4 I can see in log group name but it don't set permission why ?

Badge +3

I found the issue. When loop is moving I am removing previous permission and add new permission. That is the reason it is not working.

But again if I put directly string group collection than it is giving permission to first group and ignore other groups.

Badge +3

Any help appreciated