Start workflow action cuts HTML from parameter string

• 9 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi community,

I have the following Situation:

Nintex list worklfow that uses the start workflow Action to start another workflow on the same list item. The other workflow has a required start Parameter of type multiline text.

The first workflow passes a string that contains HTML, e.g. something like this:

This is sample text <a href="connect.nintex.com">This is a link</a> This is text after link

The second worklfow now receives only the first part of this string up to the first HTML tag. In this case this is "This is sample text ".

Any ideas anybody?

Cheers, Andi

Edit: I'm using Nintex Workflow 2013 Version 3.0.8.0

4 replies

Badge +6

Andi,

Depending on what you are doing with this html parameter string, I would suggest passing the second workflow the individual components of the string as separate parameters, minus any html coding and then reassembling inside the second workflow with your html tags.

I'm not sureĀ  (as you appear to have found out) that passing html parameter is a good idea.

Cheers,

Mark

Badge +4

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately that is not an option because the string is user Input and could be anything. And I don't see a technical reason why this shouldn't work. Maybe I should open a support ticket with Nintex...

Thanks anyway,

Andi

Badge +11

Hi ,

Following up an old post. Could you please let us know how you resolved this issue. It might help others on the community looking for similar help.

Badge +4

Well, I implemented the obvious solution and saved the string to a field on the list item from where the second workflow can retrieve it. Of course I still think that this is a bug which Nintex should resolve...

Cheers, Andi