Lookup Field in Form creates error for a Source View

• 10 January 2018
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

I have a form where I have Lookup Field.  Within the Control Settings - List Lookup I have inputted "All Items" for "Source View".  This works fine when you create a "New" item (the values display and are available).  However, if you click on to Edit the item we get an error.  If I go back into the form and remove the source view I no longer get an error.

Note this field was not created within the form. 

Note the "ID Connected To" field has the name of the Lookup field found in the List.

Any reason for this behavior ?  Could it be when I click on Edit it tries to connect on the ID rather than the value name ? Do I need to create a separate Nintex form for Edits when using a lookup form and a source view ?

5 replies

Badge +16

are you sure that the value you selected in the item exists in the view you selected in your control configuration?

Badge +9

I thought the view  called "All Items" that I inputted for the source view within the control configuration is what I would see when selecting from this lookup field.  Thus, if I see the value within the lookup field (which I do) then wouldn't that indicate the item exist in the view ? thx

Badge +9

I double-checked by selecting my source view as "All Items" which is my default view.   The items I selected within the form also found in the view.  No items have been deleted.  However, as soon as I click on the Edit icon I get an error. 

If I go back into the Nintex form and remove the source view "All Items" the edit icon works and I see the items I originally selected. 

I thought I saw in a previous post a source view will only work if you drag over a lookup field from within the Nintex form and then hook it up ?  Any suggestions ? thx

Badge +16

try using text connected to rather than ID?

Badge +9

That worked !  However, it is no longer a linked field.  I want the ability to click on this selected value and it will take them to the email that is stored in the email list (lets call the email List B).  List A is essentially our Case List where we are documenting all our information for all our cases.  Our Case list should be the only list the user needs to later view relative to a case.  I do not want to force the user to have to exit the case list (List A) and manually go to List B (the email list) which will have hundreds of emails and do a search on the text found in List A.

My hope was they would from List A just click on the email lookup value which was a link and it would take them directly into List B.  This worked fine, however the issue became there are now hundreds of emails and they do not display in chronological order.  Thus, it became impossible for a user to select associated emails for a new case. 

Thus, with your help I was able to get a view working within List A, but now I have lost the ability to click on the selection and directly go to List B because when using text connected it requires a text field.

Any suggestions.